These are some recipes that you can try at home with our Brewer's Spent Grain Flour.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs or worth of Egg Replacement
- 3 Mashed ripe bananas (approximately 1 cup banana)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Tapped Foods Brewers' Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
In second bowl, stir flours with baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts. Add to banana mixture stirring only to moisten.
Transfer to greased (or greased and floured) loaf pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool. Wrap to store.
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapped Foods Spent Grain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Sugar, or equal of honey or maple syrup
- 1 Egg, or worth of Egg Replacement
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Milk, Almond Milk, or other replacement.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Beat egg thoroughly; add milk and vanilla.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
Slowly add the liquid ingredients into the centre.
Whisk together until only small lumps remain.
Pour 1/4 cup per pancake onto a hot griddle or frying pan (around 350F) and cook until golden brown on both sides.
CINNAMON SPENT GRAIN STREUSEL
- 1 cup Rolled Oats, or Whole Spent Grain
- 1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Flour or Spent Grain Flour (alternate which ingredient you substitute between the oats and the flour itself)
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl.
Mix well to incorporate.
Cut in softened butter until mixture resembles thick crumbs.
Use over top of any baked muffin, cake, pie, or simply bake at 350F until golden brown, stirring often, and use as a granola substitute.